Saturday, November 20, 2010

Genealogy Magazine Pricing

I was in the newsagents to-day and had a look at the genealogy magazines. Mostly I can't help myself and nearly always buy one. To-day I bought the Australian Family Tree Connections magazine.

While I was there I had a look at the others and one that caught my eye was 'Family Tree' which is published in the UK. Now I am not picking on this one in particular because I'm sure all the other overseas publications are just as bad when it comes to pricing here in Australia.

The price of this magazine in the UK is £4.60 and here in Queensland in Australia they want $15.95

On to-days exchange rate £4.60 = $7.47822 in Australia
or $15.95 = £9.811132

Either way you look at it, it is bloody expensive. And our dollar is doing so well, because us Australians know how to manage the budget. And this Australian has a budget that doesn't extend to paying such ludicrous prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please make a comment about this post